Thursday 2 November 2017

Not all Flight Search Engines are Equal

I have just been introduced to a new airline ticket search engine I am pretty impressed with. While I have been using Google Flights, Cheapoair.com, kayak.com and will continue to do so, I will also use Momondo.com

I found it while reading a post on how to find cheap tickets on https://www.nomadicmatt.com

I did a search for flights from Bali to Darwin and was able to get $95 on Momondo instead of the airlines direct fare of $125.00. It points you toward the booking site with the cheapest fare.

Somehow airline ticket booking agencies are able to get a discount on tickets, so if you book through them you can often get a lower price. This comes with some trade offs though. They usually wont buy extra bags for you so you have to deal with the airline anyways, wont let you cancel or change the flight under the airlines policies (24 cancellation policy is law for airlines), etc.

Usually I like dealing directly with the airline, but in the case of booking a multi airline itinerary an travel agent (or online travel agency) can simplify things for you and help you find the cheapest itinerary. In this case the savings alone will justify going through an online booking agency.

All for now,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment